Followers

Sunday 3 March 2013

Fizzy Moon Beer Bear

Hi everyone, still waiting for a call. Sorry ironing pile...you're not getting done today!

Here's the card I've made for my late husband's dad. I know he won't find my blog so I'm safe to post it before his birthday. My hubby bought me 20 Fizzy Moon stamps from Create and Craft a few weeks ago. I couldn't resist this one...




I've coloured him using Copics and used a fab product for the head on the beer...it's called Fluff and is made by Woodware. It comes in a small bottle with a fine nozzle. Just add it to your image and heat with a heat gun. It's amazing... Here's a close-up...
I used Spellbinder labels 22 to frame the image, inking the white one with frayed burlap ink whilst still in the die. I've threaded ribbon through the image plate and wrapped it round a red corrugated square. The spotty backing paper has been in my stash for donkey's years so it's good to use it up. Gives me an excuse to buy more....as if I need an excuse! Here's a close-up of the layers...
The sentiment is LOTV, cut using Spellbinder Stately circles die. I've decorated the inside to compliment the front...
I would like to enter this for the following challenges:-
Natalie and Amy - die cuts 
Addicted to stamps - use a stamp 
Simon says stamp - anything goes 
Joanna Sheen - Layer it up 
Penny Black and More - March Challenge - One for the boys 
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes + tic tac toe (Die cuts, stamp, free) 

Thank you so much for visiting me and for the lovely comments you leave me. They mean a lot.

Happy crafting
Helen xx
    

20 comments:

  1. Love the image gorgeous papers and card Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great image - fab die-cutting too - thanks for playing along this week at ATSAM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the image, makes me smile and the die cuts.
    Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

    Huggsss, Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card dearie.Love this stamp so cute.I bet he loves it.Gorgeous dies too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely and I must look for that Fluff the next time I'm shopping. Thanks for visiting our neighborhood and stopping by to play with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    Lesia
    DT Member
    Visit my blog: www.memascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the beer head! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute card! i love the fancy die cutting and the comical image. thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more this month.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a fun card! love the spellbinder stately circle die.
    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. By the way, I'm having a Giveaway for my lovely followers… a little something to celebrate Spring. If you're interested, head on over!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I love the image. Your colouring is fabulous and the papers and textures look wonderful.
    Thank you for taking part in Joanna Sheen's Layer it up challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I love all your layers, papers and image! I love the inside of your card too! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a perfect masculine card Helen and I'm sure your FIL really appreciate it.

    It’s lovely to see you at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    I have a celebration with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you have time to create something to join in, you can check out what to do here

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab card. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M challenge this week.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous image and love the texture, another great card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen this is such a great mans card and I bet your father in law loves it :D Thank you for joining us at Natalie and Amy's challenge and good luck.

    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    P.S. If you would like to go on a crafty weekend or a day break there are still spaces on the one I run yearly in October. For more information CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card for a male, and I love the froth! Fab colouring too.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Helen. Love that image (so cute) and the colours you've used, but most of all I love the cleanness of it...beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and love the cute image.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This gets a 10 on my cute-o-meter! Thanks so much for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  19. A perfect card for the challenge, love the stamp.
    Thank you for joining in 'One For The Boys' challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx