Followers

Tuesday 16 July 2013

My altered box

Hi everyone, I'm back to share the box I've altered. It started life as a plain mdf box which my hubby bought me from The Hobby House. I needed a box to hide my medication in so I wanted it to fit into the kitchen, where it will live on the oak breakfast bar.

I'm really pleased with how it came out. I wanted a bit of a vintage look to it so I covered it with papers from a 12x12 First Edition pad called J'adore. I've used frayed burlap distress ink on all the edges.
I've used Flitter Glue and 'Chariot of fire' Mega Flakes to add gold around the edge of the top. I also added some micro beads using the really sticky red double sided tape. The doily is from The Hobby House and has been knocked back slightly with distress ink so it wasn't bright white. I've used some die cut flowers (HOTP free with Simply Cards and Papercraft), adding an organza rose to the centre of one and buttons to the centre of the other two. I've finished off with some leaves and a couple of gold and pearl wires. Here are a few more piccies...
Finishing touches include an ironwork die cut (Spellbinder), inked gold with a Hobby House gold pearl added, and a string of cotton daisies around the lid. I've really enjoyed making this and also have a book shaped box waiting to be decorated.

I would like to enter this for the following:-
The Hobby House - Vintage
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Inspire me Fridays - Anything goes

Thanks for visiting. I hope you're all enjoying this lovely weather. Think it might be a bit warm at line dancing this afternoon...oh well, might melt a bit more fat!

Helen xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely altered box Helen. Gorgeous papers and pretty embellishments. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Hobby House.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous and a bit posh for the kitchen me thinks but be people won't move from there now due to looking at this, thank you for joining us at the Hobby House for our 2nd challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx