Followers

Friday 16 January 2015

Happy Birthday Susie

Hi everyone.

I'd like to share a card I made for my best friend Sue for her birthday, which was a couple of days ago. 


I've used one of my favourite LOTV images (James - Butterflies), which I've coloured using Copics. I added some piercing to the right hand side of the image panel and some lace and ribbon to the left, before adding acetate to form a dome over the image. I then found a couple of tiny butterfly stamps to make the butterflies attached on top of the acetate. It's not easy to see in this photo but hopefully it'll be clearer in a later piccie.

I've used some First Edition paper for the backing, distressing the edges with a Tim Holtz tool. We have a bit of a joke between us about doilies, as I use then quite a bit, so I had to add one behind the image. Sue also adores butterflies - "You can never have too many!" - hence the butterfly flourish. I cut it in cream and also dark pink, cutting the butterflies from the dark pink one to add separately. I've added pearls to the butterflies , added a LOTV sentiment  and also added the word Friend on a small die cut which I think is Spellbinder, attached to the acetate.

To finish I added a 'bunch' of flowers and a couple of pearl and crystal accents. 



I'm really pleased how this turned out. I think I may have found my mojo again...

I would like to enter this for the following:-


Thank you so much for visiting. I hope to see you again soon.
Helen x

17 comments:

  1. What a pretty make, Helen - I'm sure your friend loved it. Thanx for playing along at Fantasy Stampers for our 'Happy Birthday' challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT)
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card, James looks so cute and thoughtful.
    Love the embellishments and the great coloring.
    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The embellishments are gorgeous, as is the image! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Helen! Beautiful coloring and I love the flowers!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. The bear is so cute and I love how you have embellished it.


    Thank you for playing with The Paper Shelter this week

    Happy Crafting
    Sam - TPSDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and you have so many different elements that go together perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for sharing at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling teddy bear, Helen, and I love the delicate die cut butterflies! Thanks so much for playing in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week and good luck. Come play again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking the time to share with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww now you are talking this is so my favorite right now, I love bears, and flowers...who would of guessed this....great job. The butterflies nice added touch, wink, wink! Way to go! Thanks for playing our Flowers Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Very nicely done!

    Leanne DT
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful Card great Details and Image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. ´
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card Helen. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen, this is one pretty card! Love the image & pretty tones. Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I missed that you had also entered your card at CardsundMore, thanks for taking part in our doily challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So super cute! An totally adorable card with lovely details and design. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Helen this is so perfect for our ‘FAVOURITES’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx