Followers

Thursday 19 April 2012

Have a Hoot!

Hi everyone, hope you're all well. I had some great, if a little scary, news yesterday. I'm going to be a GDT member for Craft Your Passion for the month of May. I've never done anything like this before so I'm a bit nervous. I just hope I can do them justice, I'll certainly try my best...

Anyhow, here is my card share for today. I'm really pleased with this one...
 I've used a lovely digi stamp from Whimsy Stamps. It took me a few attempts till I was happy with the colouring, using promarkers. I've cut him out with Spellbinders Labels 5, which I've edged with Momento Rich cocoa. The tree has been made up of a piece of coredinations white wash cardstock which has been embossed using the Spellbinders M-bossabilities 'Flora' folder (design B) and then I've sanded it and edged it with Rich Cocoa. The trunk has been cut freehand from some Woodland Folk paper. I've used a Martha Stewart punch for the brown strip. Te green checked backing paper is by Serif, called 'Picnic in the park' and was free with a magazine a while ago. I made the sentiments using word and edged with Rich Cocoa.


I love this little owl and can see me using it a lot. I hope you like it too.

I would like to enter this into the following:-
Whimsy Stamps - Punches or die cuts 
Craft your passion - die cuts and punches 
Polly Craft - cute critters 
PaperPlay challenges - animal antics 
Make it Monday 

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you like what you see and that you'll come back soon.

Happy crafting
Helen xx
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love that owl too, used him a few times now!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww What an adroable image so cute-hoot lol and a totally gorgeous card. Found you on MIM :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spotted your card on MIM. I don't know why, but I have a weak spot for owls- can't resist them! This one is extremely cute and I love your tree too, so fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This iss soo cute.It made me smile . I would love smth like this for my birthday. It would make my day. Very special. Glad I found you on MIM.
    *hugs*
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw such a sweet card, Helene - I love that sleepy looking owl - lovely papers and colours too.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic. I so love the design.
    We would like to thank you for Entering Whimsy Stamps inspirations Challenge.

    We hope to see you back next week. Winner will be announced Wed.
    Best of Luck Always,

    Hugs from DT Member For Whimsy Stamps Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen .Love the tree , the twig and the owl .lovely work here .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love this owl - glad you spent the time perfecting the colouring. The tree is a very clever idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen! I found you off of MIM post and I just love this card! I just got this image myself but hav enot yet had tim eto colour and your have done it so beautifully! Do not be nervous about the GDT, after seeing this card, trust me you will do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable, love the owl! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx