Followers

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Happy Birthday Mum

Hi everyone, I'm back again to share the birthday card I've made for my Mum.  She loves poppies so when I saw this in the House Mouse project book I knew I had to use this decoupage and matching backing paper from the cd...

I don't do much decoupage when it involves me cutting it out as I find it aggravates my fibromyalgia but I was determined to use this one. I've made it into an 8x8 card, matting the backing paper with black card. I've also matted the image and the sentiment with black card, and added lace to the sentiment...
I've coloured some white flowers using a Promarker (poppy) and layered them up, adding a black card candy to the centre and some fern type leaves (Martha Stewart branch punch). To finish I added a bow using ribbon from my stash...

I would like to enter this for the following:-
Fab n Funky - starts with F (flowers) 
Shopping our stash - fur or feathers 
Through the craft room door - anything goes 
Make it Monday 

Thanks for visiting, I hope to see you again soon.

Happy crafting
Helen xx

 

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous...I bet your Mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun this is gorgeous so much worth the time put in, I bet she loved it too
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it Helen. Really gorgeous. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum will love this - so glad you persevered with the decoupage. Love the lace under the sentiment xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card dearie.Your Mum will love it.I love poppies too - so beautiful.Hope you're okay.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card hun...I also haven't done any decoupage for a while..I love the effect it gives..I think your Mum is going to love this...
    Thank you for sharing with us this week at Make it Monday...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute - love the red flowers thanks for playing at Fab'n'Funky challenges this wek hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your house mouse card and i'm sure that your mother will to. I like all of the red! Thanks for sharing with Through the Craftroom Door this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! That image is just so cute! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh loving the decoupage on the house mouse flower! Thanks for joining in the fur and feathers challenge at Shopping our Stash! Hope to see your next creation in our Go Green Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx