Followers

Monday 25 June 2012

Aira Force, March 2012

Hi everyone, I thought I'd have another go at scrapbooking this afternoon. I don't do it very often and I should really. Earlier in the year I was lucky enough to have a short break to the Lake District with my hubby. It's the first time we've been away on our own since our honeymoon five and a half years ago. We've always had my daughters with us in the past so it was nice to spend some quality time together in this beautiful place. I've followed a sketch for the "Lasting memories" challenge.

 I've used three colours for this page (green, black and white), although I must say the colours look completely different in real life! I've used a Martha Stewart border punch and added some hot fix gems. The title was cut on the Cricut using the Cuttin' Up cartridge, set to Holy Cow. I've also written the date in the bottom right hand corner.

I would also like to enter this for the following:-
Scrapbook Sisters scrapbook challenge - 3 colours 
The Happy Scrappers - The great outdoors 
Simon says stamp - anything but a card 

Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll come back soon.

Happy crafting
Helen xx
 

14 comments:

  1. love your take on the sketch!!! thanks for joining us at lasting memories - kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special remembrance of a special time for the 2 of you! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo and layout. I love how the border and the lengths of paper make the waterfall seem to move. Excellent layout. So glad you got to get away for hubs. I know that is not always easy. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories for the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout Helen,fabulous photo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LO, wonderful photo

    Thank you for joining us at The Happy Scrappers for our * Great Outdoors * challenge
    hope you will join us again
    hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great LO and a lovely photo! Thanks for taking part in the Happy Scrappers' 'Great Outdoors' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout Helen...Great photograph.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous layout and love the photo and colour choices
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic photo! I really love the simplicity of this layout for the photo needs to shine all by itself! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty photo! I really liked the way that you flipped the sketch!
    Thanks for playing at LM!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that photo is gorgeous and great take on our sketch challenge this week at Lasting Memories!! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super LO, fabulous photo too.
    Thank you for playing along with The Happy Scrappers challenges!
    Jane x
    [DT]

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx