Followers

Sunday 5 August 2012

Bella with presents

Hi everyone, I've been busy working on some bridesmaid, flower girl and page boy thank you cards for a friend but I've managed to make a card inbetween (whilst waiting for glue to dry). I've used my lovely Bella with presents stamp and coloured it with copics. 
I've cut her out with a Spellbinder circle die and mounted her on a doily. The backing paper is also Bella. Behind the image I've added a strip of net with sequins running through it. I've had this in my stash for years. I can't imagine what possessed me to buy it, it must have been cheap! I spotted a challenge by Shopping our stash  called 'What was I thinking??' and thought of this. It made me think of something to do with it and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I've added some glittery ribbon and various peeloffs from my stash. The flower has been made with a tonic petal pairs punch with Martha Stewart 'branch' leaves, with I punched from white card and coloured with a copic pen to match the grass in the image. The butterfly is Cheery Lynn.

I would also like to enter this for the following:-
Saturday Challenge - Gifts
PaperPlay - layer it up
Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge - butterflies and/or bows


Thanks for visiting, I hope I'll see you again soon


Happy crafting
Helen xx
 

13 comments:

  1. Your colouring is lovely and you have made a great card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this helen and had a chuckle at the clever use of doily - lol! Your copics shading is amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thought of you when I added it, lol xx

      Delete
  3. Aww! Cute card Helen. Gorgeous image, fab layout and pretty papers.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is so cute Helen, bella is gorgeous, great layout and pretty papers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous image Helen of course and gorgeous colouring with those copics, lovely shading and blending and just perfect for our challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous, cute card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Butterflies and/or bows" challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge next Wednesday.

    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful card and I just love your colouring of this wonderful image! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sequins are lots of fun...glad you got to use them up on one of our challenges! thanks for joining the the What was I thinking Challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi doing a little blog hopping and came across your blog... had a look at your cards too you have some stunners hugs sassyxx decided to follow you hope thats ok

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous way to use the netting! Love that cute elephant too! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is such a cutie and so beautifully colored. Also love how you've used different textures in your design.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you colored your prezzies. They really pop! Thanks for participating at Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx