Followers

Wednesday 29 August 2012

No image...just words

Hi everyone, it's time for another challenge over at Ruby's Rainbow. This time we're asking you to use words rather than an image...This was a bit outside my comfort zone to start with as I'm very much a cutesy image coloured with copics kinda girl. I got a set of word stamps in a sale from Joanna Sheen a few months back so here's what I came up with...
I used a Spellbinder Oval die to cut out the sentiment and another, in mirri board, to mat it. I added lace around the edge using extra sticky double sided tape, pleating it as I went. I then added 6 roses, I twisted the wires using a narrow embossing tool. The sentiment panel has been attached with silicon glue so it stands off the backing paper a bit. The backing paper is by paper cellar (6x6 black & white), and is matted onto mirri board. 

I hope you'll hop over to Ruby's Rainbow and see what my talented team mates have made to inspire you, and perhaps have a go. Can't wait to see what you create...

I would like to enter this for the following:-
Joanna Sheen - Totally sentimental
The Paper Shelter - layers
PaperPlay challenges - sentiment as the main focus






Thanks for visiting, see you again soon.
Helen xx  

12 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful card, well done. Thanks for playing along with us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card thise roses are gorgeous

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Helen - I love the strong colours, and that black lace is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty...love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card Helen.Love the sentiment and the pleated lace.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card - its gorgeous and please cab i borrow that sentiment for my Silver Wedding scrapbook lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Course you can, it came in a set so I have others too xx

      Delete
  7. fabby card love to see just sentiments ...just wish i could get one finished i actually like..lol!!!.but your is fabulous hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Helen!
    Love the colour and such a beautiful sentiment too love it
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hun, i love the noblesse of your wonderful card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Helen! Pretty flowers and great sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx