Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Shades of lilac

Hi everyone, hope you're all well and enjoying the olympics...I can't believe how much of it I've watched this time, I've only ever watched the swimming really before...

Anyway here's a card I made this morning, I hope you like it...

I thought I'd try something different today so I've used the saturated canary digi image for the first time and coloured in shades of violet using copics. It's also the first time I've attempted black/grey hair, I usually go for brown or blond.  The backing papers are Forever Friends and Wild Rose Studio Bella. Both have been distressed using a Tim Holtz distressing tool and are matted with black card. I've added 3 flowers, the centre one has been made with a tonic petal pairs punch. I've coiled the wires on the outer two using a very thin ball tool. I've added 4 gems with my heat setter and some ribbon and lace from my stash...



 I would like to enter this for the following:-
Digital Tuesday - Recipe 1,2,3,4 
Tuesday Alchemy - Bingo (ribbon, flowers, bling) 
Lollipop Crafts - monochromatic 
Joanna Sheen - Try something new
The cutiepie challenge - spots and stripes
Crafty Ribbons - spots and dots
Make it Monday
Milkcoffee challenge - bingo (2 or more designer papers, digi, bling)

Thanks for visiting, I hope to see you again soon

Happy crafting
Helen xx

21 comments:

  1. wow...what a cutie of a card!

    this is so sweet and charming!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Helen...fabulous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Helen, this is my all-time favourite SC image. You've coloured her beautifully. Love the papers and layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colouring makes a great card. xxxx
    It looks lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! This is such a pretty card! Love the differenr shades of purple and the sweet image! Thank you for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy this week! Good luck!Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job on your coloring this fabulous image. Perfect match of designer papers. Saw your card on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous colouring and gorgeous hair super image combined with those amazing WRS papers just perfect
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring! Great shading and highlighting with your coloring...definitely brings this cutie to life.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card - the highlights on her hair look amazing. Have you seen the charity digis this morning on Saturated Canary? I,ve just donated and downloaded them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she is just gorgeous hun, what a lovely card. Fabulous colourwork, and her hair looks grand. Brilliant. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image. Love your choice of colours. It really works

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is beautiful Helen, gorgeous colouring, love the design too..

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Fab image and colour!

    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
    Hugs Katya x

    P.S I am having a blog giveaway at my personal blog, you are very welcome to join
    http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie/2012/07/my-blogs-1st-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, love the image and great colours, saw you over on mim. Joey #201 x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card! Gorgeous purples!

    Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOw lovely! All that purple and those balloons - love it! It's wonderful to have you share this with us Tuesday Alchemy!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - I invite you to join me at {PIN}spirational Challenges (http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com) for a current challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful card! Many varieties of purple color, very pretty! Lovely coloring and layout.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Helen and in my fave colour too! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Helen, just letting you know I chose your card as my POTW from MIM entries and have featured it on my blog.
    Hugs
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card, gorgeous colours and image
    Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx